Encourage positive life changes, inside the correctional facility and on release
Who will benefit by attending:
Detainees who seek to transform destructive leadership practices and become authentic leaders who are able to encourage positive life changes within themselves and among fellow inmates, both inside the correctional facility and on release.
Our tailored approach is founded on our understanding that leaders are not born but require the experience of leading to enable them to become authentic leaders. Our process provides leadership learning opportunities under the guidance of experienced mentors that take place within the correctional facility. Based on 15 years of experience in conflict resolution, language and culture training we offer a life-changing experience of emotionally intelligent leadership and its impact on those we are leading.
Outcomes will include:
• Being excited by becoming true leaders and learning to work as part of an effective leadership team
• Learning to give and receive feedback in ways that build rather than break self-esteem
• Practicing skills as a facilitator: presenting and processing
• Developing insights in transforming personal leadership styles
• Learning to build a sense of community
• Developing self-confidence as a leader
• Improving participants’ understanding of communication, team work, and conflict resolution
• Raising awareness and understanding of the impact of improved communication so as to enhance relationships based on respect, trust and collaboration
• Developing participants’ skills in effective communication with different people
• Building positive team-enhancing practices which contribute to interpersonal co-operation and supportive relationships
• Exploring the process of change and development in individuals and groups and its effect on relationships
• Identifying personally entrenched practices that may be perceived as supporting negative interpersonal behaviours
Carefully balanced teams of 3 or 4 facilitators who have appropriate experience that support the changes required.
This is a process that starts with a series of 3 two-day workshops followed, where required, by a period of apprenticeship that lasts until participants feel they have gained the necessary experience.
We shall be pleased to provide a quote which will be marketplace competitive.
“I learnt how to solve problems positively.”
“I learnt to respect people and to think before I act.”
“I enjoyed doing something positive.”
“My facilitators are very very good, I love my facilitators so much they make me be a person that I wanted to be when I was young.”