Towards emotionally intelligent meetings
Who will benefit by attending:
Correctional facility staff who seek to hold meetings that people enjoy attending because they are emotionally intelligent, participatory and build outcomes that attendees feel that they can commit to with enthusiasm.
Our tailored approach is founded on the understanding that many meetings are held in highly politicised and emotionally charged environments where participants often seek to protect their ‘territory’ and/or egos rather than arriving optimal outcomes for themselves and the organisation. Indeed, many of us have forgotten what the word ‘Meeting” means. Based on 15 years of experience in conflict resolution, language and culture training we offer a life-changing experience of emotionally intelligent meetings and their impact on those attending them.
Outcomes will include:
• Being excited by the possibility of holding truly effective meetings.
• Practicing skills as a facilitator: presenting and processing
• Learning to build a sense of community
• Gaining practical insights through an experience of transforming meetings into emotionally intelligent spaces where our relationships are nurtured whilst we do our work
• Developing self-confidence as an effective meeting leader
• Learning new ways of interacting that enable participants to participate fully in decision making and therefore feel committed to the outcomes of those decisions
• Learning how to arrive at beyond-consensus decisions that gain the active support of everyone present
• Improving participants’ understanding of communication, team work, and conflict resolution
• Raising awareness and understanding of the impact of improved communication in the workplace generally and in meetings in particular so as to build relationships based on respect, trust and collaboration
• Developing participants’ skills in effective communication with different people
• Building positive team-enhancing practices which contribute to interpersonal co-operation and supportive working relationships
• Exploring the process of change and development in individuals and groups and its effect on relationships
• Identifying personally entrenched practices that may be perceived as supporting negative interpersonal behaviours
Client needs are addressed by selecting carefully balanced teams of 3 or 4 facilitators who have appropriate experience that support the changes required.
16 hours over two consecutive days, during the week and/or weekends
We shall be pleased to provide a quote which will be marketplace competitive.
“Amazing depth and extremely subtle. I now know how to lead meetings that involve everyone and gain their commitment.”
“The facilitators were extremely professional and clearly very, very experienced in the field of human relationships generally, and in holding effective meetings in particular.”