Motivation is a learned skill
Who will benefit by attending:
Organisations and people who seek to understand enthusiasm and motivation and how to transform themselves and their organisations.
Our tailored approach is founded on the understanding that the motivation of human beings is a learned skill that can best be understood through experience. Most workplaces are highly politicised and emotionally charged environments that may be stressful to work in because people often seek to protect their ‘territory’ and/or egos rather than seeking ways of working together that motivate themselves and their colleagues. Based on 15 years of experience in conflict resolution, language and culture training we offer a life-changing experience of how to change the way we think and work together.
Outcomes will include:
• Being excited by the possibility of being highly motivated in one’s life and workplace.
• Learning to build a sense of community
• Gaining practical insights through an experience of transforming ourselves, our workplaces and our relationships
• Developing an understanding of human motivation and enthusiasm
• Learning new ways of interacting that enable people to participate fully in decision making and therefore feel committed to the outcomes of those decisions
• Learning how to arrive at beyond-consensus decisions that gain the active support of everyone
• Improving participants’ understanding of communication, team work, and conflict resolution
• Raising awareness and understanding of the impact of improved communication in the workplace so as to build relationships based on respect, trust and collaboration
• Developing participants’ skills in effective communication with different people
• Building positive team-enhancing practices which contribute to interpersonal co-operation and supportive working relationships
• Exploring the process of change and development in individuals and groups and its effect on relationships and motivation
• Identifying personally entrenched practices that may be perceived as supporting negative interpersonal behaviours
Client needs are addressed by selecting carefully balanced teams of 3 or 4 facilitators who have appropriate experience that support the changes required.
16 hours over two consecutive days, during the week and/or weekends.
We shall be pleased to provide a quote which will be marketplace competitive.
“Suddenly the mists cleared and I truly understood how to switch my colleagues and myself on!”
“The process seemed so simple and light, yet we got the message, loud and clear.”
“The facilitation was very different in that I truly believe that they knew through their experience exactly what they were doing”