Communicating from the heart
Who will benefit by attending:
People at all levels in schools who seek to find better ways of communicating with people generally, and with those who may be different from them in particular.
Our approach is founded on 15 years experience in conflict resolution, language and cultural training. We know that communication is the cornerstone of interpersonal peace that enables us to build trust, cooperation and collaboration. Communication issues often form barriers because they prevent people from working together effectively, even when they understand the importance of doing so intellectually. The experience, during the training, of building meaningful and honest relationships with colleagues is a very powerful one that enables people to effectively and positively address their communication and interpersonal challenges.
Outcomes will include:
- Participants becoming excited about communication and gaining the skills to explore this topic in ways that build understanding and relationships.
- Improving participants’ understanding of communication, team work, conflict resolution, leadership and, where applicable, embracing diversity.
- Raising awareness and understanding of the impact of improved communication in the workplace, to enhance relationships based on respect, trust and collaboration.
- Raising awareness of the harmful impact of language characterised by blame, insult, criticism and judgement.
- Developing participants’ skills in honest and constructive expression of feelings, especially negative feelings.
- Developing participants’ ability to listen with empathy.
- Developing participants’ skills in effective communication with different people.
- Building positive team-enhancing practices which contribute to interpersonal co-operation and supportive working relationships.
- Exploring the process of change and development in individuals and groups and its effect on relationships.
- Identifying organisationally entrenched practices that may be perceived as supporting negative interpersonal behaviours that impact on the school as an effective place of learning and teaching.
Client needs are addressed by selecting carefully balanced teams of 3 or 4 facilitators who have appropriate experience that support the changes required in your organisation.
16 hours over two consecutive days, during the week and/or weekends.
We shall be pleased to provide a quote which will be marketplace competitive.
“I was amazed at how differently I looked at how I communicated after the course.”
“The thing that really occurred to me was how important it was to have an experience of communicating effectively.”
“The facilitators were clearly steeped in this topic, so could transfer the skills with overwhelming confidence and wisdom.”